To give the new volunteer a good start outside the office, we are looking for a mentor. This person will assist the volunteer with questions about everyday life and support the integration process.
For about 15 years, Kultur Aktiv has had European volunteers in its team. They bring a mostly Eastern European perspective to the daily work of the association and are an important enrichment. They come to Dresden for 12 months and are actively involved in projects and organization from Monday to Friday. Here you can find out more about the volunteers.
Tasks of the volunteer mentor
- Information about shopping, doctors, tickets,...
- Assistance with visits to authorities (Residents' Registration Office, Dresden Pass, Foreigners' Office)
- Offer common activities (concerts, excursions, meetings with friends). Simply everything you both want to do together.
- "Independent" contact person for problems at work
- At the beginning of the period of service, experience shows that it is higher (2-3 meetings per week), later only occasionally
- Attention: some appointments take place during the day (opening hours of authorities)
- Probably in May 2020 we will get a new volunteer from Macedonia
- Possibility to get to know an exciting person from Macedonia and to accompany me
- Insight into a cultural association from the Neustadt with international orientation
- Strengthening intercultural skills
- Continuous support by Simon Wolf (managing director)
- Written confirmation of voluntary work